Thursday 2 September 2010

Chemo cycle 3: Day 8 & 9

Day 8 was the worst.  I felt awful and it's indescribable.  A friend of mine who survived breast cancer said she described it as a bad flu, but even that doesn't cover it.  I was exhausted and more.  I felt like I was in a fog, that I was going to faint even when lying down and even a bit sick but not queasy.  See what I mean?  I can't really explain.  But basically, it's horrible.  Both girls were home, and even with DH working at home to help, it was still very difficult.

Day 9 I could feel I was starting to come out of it, but I still felt pretty rubbish.  I was home with DD1 all day and she kept me company and was lovely, so it was a nice day even though I felt so bad.  By the evening, I had enough energy to go to a friend's house to get the girls' hair cut - majorly overdue and urgent with school just about to start again!  Had a terrible night's sleep though.  The hot flushes really don't help.

1 comment:

  1. *major hugs*

    You're halfway through. Keep focusing on that.

    *loads of love*

    ReplyDelete