Wednesday 25 August 2010

Chemo cycle 3: Day 1

Hurrah!  Finally got my third cycle completed and I am halfway through my treatment!

Apart from delays in the day unit, it went perfectly.  They took off my dressings which I was worried about, but it was fine, and plugged me in and away I went!  I was in a room with a few other people getting chemo this time (rather than a private room) and it was interesting and nice to chat to some of them.   The only symptom I had was the tingly nose, right at the end.

Felt a but woozy in the car and was very tired by the time I got home.  I relaxed on the sofa, had a meal but then started to feel extremely tired and a bit sick so I took the anti-sickness pills and went to bed.  Dozed on and off until the end of Big Brother, so I know who won and I know who's in the Ultimate challenge!  Not a bad start.

However, the consultant did mention that my drugs are changing from the next chemo, so I am slightly anxious about that and what they will do to me.  But no point worrying now - will just have to get through this cycle first!

No comments:

Post a Comment