Monday 9 August 2010

Chemo cycle 2: Day 2-3

The main symptom has been tiredness really, I seem to be okay in the few days following the treatment but...

Yesterday (Day 3) I noticed that the soreness from the chemo on my arm was still there and that my arm was covered in pinky blotches, a bit like a rash.  DH had noticed them an hour or so after the chemo on Day 1, but I hadn't really given it much thought thinking it would go away.  But I thought 48h was enough, so phoned the helpline who told me to go to A&E.  Oh the joy.  Luckily DH is working at home this week so could take me and thank goodness a friend was able to collect DD2 from nursery and her husband was at home to take DD1.  So it all worked out.

The A&E doctor didn't fill me with much confidence though.  He asked what chemo I was having, I said FEC and he started to write 'effycee' or something!  He said he had never heard of it.  But he diagnosed an infection in my vein and I am on antibiotics for the next 5 days.  It's already going down so hopefully he was right....

No comments:

Post a Comment