Tuesday 10 August 2010

Chemo cycle 2: Day 15

Well, a fairly normal day today in that I have had both girls home, they have played, fought and generally been my little girls!  I can't really drive so we didn't go anywhere except to DD1's swimming lesson; I would have taken them to the park but it was miserable all day.  But that said, I managed to rest a little and am starting to feel vaguely normal, except for this arm.

However, I am starting to dread next week somewhat.  I have to have my bloods done on Monday at the local hospital and then chemo 3 is on Tuesday.  I don't see how they can take blood though, unless they can take it from somewhere else other than my arms.

(By the way, I don't think I have mentioned that I cannot use my left arm - the side my masectomy was on, and the side that the lymph glands were taken - for giving blood, blood pressure tests etc as this would run the risk of lymphedema.  This is for the rest of my life.  Yay.  Therefore, I only have my right arm for chemo.  It is my right arm that has the clot.)

So anyway, I think I may phone my oncologist tomorrow to reassure myself that things can be done as planned.  I really don't want my chemo to be delayed at all, much less by a blooming clot.

No comments:

Post a Comment